April 4, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Chelsio Communications, a leading provider of 10Gb Ethernet Unified Wire Adapters and ASICs, today announced Unified Storage Server (USS) software version 3.0, expanding on the features that enable enhanced performance, availability and scalability for data centers, cloud and HPC storage applications.
The USS software is on display this week at Storage Networking World Spring in
, with a demonstration of the new caching engine capability in action, increasing iSCSI IOPs by an order of magnitude.
The new and enhanced features of USS 3.0 include:
- RAM caching and SSD caching
- Performance enhancements in Thin Provisioning
- Support for Lustre file system in HA mode
- iSCSI boot DHCP Server support
"The Chelsio Unified Storage Server software enables impressive storage performance of over 2 million IOPs at a very economical price point, which should provide significant traction for the continued growth of iSCSI-based storage," said
, principal and founder, Margalla Communications. "This is an ideal solution for resellers and integrators looking to build powerful and low-cost storage configurations."
Chelsio USS Software
Some features of USS include:
- Ease-of-Use: Use the Web-based GUI, Local GUI, or CLI to configure and deploy block and file storage. This also includes the ability to easily configure the supported RAID cards right from within USS. The product also supports off the shelf Fibre Channel adapters.
- Low TCO: USS provides some of the lowest cost per Gigabyte solutions in the industry. Users can add storage to the solution with no additional software licenses.
- Chelsio T4 Technology: USS uses Chelsio's Unified Wire technology to provide unsurpassed off-load capabilities that provide some of the highest performance in the industry.
- Mission Critical: Chelsio USS provides for Highly Available configurations as well as replication and snapshots.
The beta version of USS 3.0 is available today, with general availability later this quarter.