Specialty technology to be sold through OEM partners
April 4, 2013
/PRNewswire/ - Creaform, leader in portable 3D measurement solutions and 3D Engineering Services, is proud to introduce the new Health Care Partner 3D Scanner, the only handheld 3D scanner developed specifically for human body scanning. Based on the Go!SCAN 3D technology, the HCP 3D Scanner offers high accuracy, portability and intuitiveness.
Health Care Partner 3D scanner highlights
- Scanning sessions are extremely short, which makes for shorter consultation times and leads to more patients being treated.
- WYSIWYG: 3D surface is generated as you scan, which makes for minimal waiting time.
- Handheld and lightweight (850 g), it is very easy to use and can be operated by technicians without prior experience.
- Non contact, non invasive 3D scan process for minimal discomfort for the patient.
- Slight movements from the patients won't impact measurement accuracy.
- Through our API, you can seamlessly integrate the power of the HCP 3D scanner into your health care solution.
"The Health Care Partner 3D scanner has been designed with health care providers in mind, said François Leclerc, product manager for Health Care Solutions. The technology it is based on allows the production of customized and perfectly-fitted devices. 3D files are a lot easier to send to fabrication centers than plaster casts or other molds, so turnaround times also get significantly reduced. The HCP 3D scanner will be a great tool for health care providers from numerous specialties like orthotics and prosthetics (O&P), pediatrics, plastic & aesthetics surgery and breast cancer specialists."
Creaform's distribution strategy is to sell the Health Care 3D Partner scanner through key business partners like French
, which offers a complete CAD/CAM system as an answer to professional issues specific to the orthopedics field unlike other systems coming from the industrial circuit.
Creaform has OEM agreements with major players like
, that provides user-friendly post-treatment interface software mainly focused on digital measurement of the human body, particularly in O&P, plastic surgery and tailored personal equipment markets. In partnership with
, TechMed 3D also offers a complete CAD/CAM system as an answer to Canadian O&P professionals looking for the ultimate productivity tool.
is an industry leader in O&P that provides traditional prosthetic products as well as a complete CAD/CAM solution for clinicians. It has been in a close partnership with Creaform going back to 2006.
The company intends to enter new OEM agreements with major partners active in specific market niches complementary to those occupied by Creaform and its current partners.