Think Big Analytics And Pentaho Partnership Expedites Value Of Big Data
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., April 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Delivering the future of business analytics, Pentaho and Think Big Analytics today announced a partnership focused on helping customers achieve measurable results from massive amounts of machine-generated data. With several joint device-data user engagements already completed, the two companies initially will focus on this fast-growing market opportunity.
Pairing Think Big Analytics' consulting services with Pentaho's data integration and business analytics functionality is useful for companies looking at achieving swift value from their big data deployments, particularly those with device data.
"The number and types of devices emitting valuable data back to organizations is growing at unprecedented rates. Capturing 100% of that data and extracting meaningful, actionable information from it requires a modern architecture with device-oriented applications sitting on top of it," said Ron Bodkin, Founder and CEO of Think Big Analytics. "Analyzing external device data can greatly benefit all departments within an organization, including customer service, sales, product planning, marketing, operations and IT."
According to the International Data Corporation ( IDC) Worldwide Quarterly Smart Connected Device Tracker, the smart connected device market rose 29.1 % last year, driven by tablet and smartphone growth. For the first time this year, the research firm also expects smartphone devices to out-ship feature phones. Beyond mobile growth, computer logs, network logs, sensor information, GPS data, geo-location mapping data, image data, clickstream data, scientific data and medical data are also exploding.Think Big Analytics and Pentaho recently implemented a Hadoop-based solution on NetApp's E-Series storage to address SLA and capacity limitations in NetApp's phone-home processing. "The speed and volumes of data coming from sensors, mobile apps, ecommerce, email and social media presents many challenges for data managers keen to leverage legacy infrastructure investments, contain storage and hardware costs and embrace new big data processing technologies," said Eddie White, executive vice president of business development at Pentaho. "Yet, data is useless if you don't have the right analytics and integration technology strategy and architecture to enable you to extract and quickly visualize valuable information. This partnership helps enterprises quickly overcome these hurdles, pairing Think Big Analytics consulting expertise with Pentaho's data flow management capabilities to move data from one source to another." Pentaho provides a cost-effective and complete big data analytics solution that supports the entire big data analytics process, from discovering and preparing data sources, to integration, visualization, analysis and prediction. Think Big Analytic's data science and engineering services and Pentaho's products are well-suited to quickly deliver applications that include:
- Modern, scalable, flexible architecture integrating leading technologies such as Hadoop, NoSQL, real-time dashboards, and scalable streaming services.
- Full capture of all historical data.
- Blended data sets from different data sources - hardware, software, CRM, transactions, system logs, mobile, social and web.
- Predictive data science models such as identifying capacity limits and bottlenecks, root cause analysis, failure risk analysis, and upgrade requirements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV