Tel-Aviv Stock Exchange Bi-Weekly Review: 24 March- 4 April 2013
TEL AVIV, Israel, April 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
The TA-25 index decreased 0.8% over the last two weeks, bringing year-to-date increase to 3.7% .
TA-100The TA-100 index decreased 0.9% over the last two weeks, bringing year-to-date increase to 4.3%. (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130117/588933 ) Government Bonds This week the Ministry of Finance (MoF) floated US $0.4 billion government bonds in an offering on the local market. In the first quarter of 2013 the MoF raised US $5.1 billion in public bond offerings. BOI Interest Rates The Bank of Israel left interest rates unchanged, fourth months in a roll at 1.75% per annum. Unemployment Figures released by the Central Bureau of Statistics indicate that unemployment has risen from 6.5% on January to 6.7% on February 2013. Sector Indices
WEEK YTD 2013 TA Bluetech-50 -2.8% -3.8% TA Banks -0.6% 0.5% TA Real Estate-15 0.1% 8.5%Foreign Exchange
YTD WEEK 2013 Dollar/NIS -1.0% -2.7% Euro/NIS -2.0% -5.5%Facts & Figures The Tel-Aviv Stock Exchange features in March 2013:
- 528 companies listing equities (Ex. ETNs).
- 445 index-tracking products.
- 34 series of government bonds.
- 87 Series of Institutional bonds.
- 649 series of corporate bonds.
- 1,299 mutual funds.
- Market Cap. (US$ billions)
- Equities - 175
- Government bonds - 126
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts