Discretix And VisualOn Introduce SecurePlayer 2.0 At NAB Show
LAS VEGAS, April 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Discretix, Inc. and VisualOn, Inc. today announced the release of SecurePlayer™ 2.0 at the NAB Show. SecurePlayer 2.0 is a media player for smartphones and tablets offering DRM security and high-quality video and audio playback for protected content.
SecurePlayer 2.0 provides a unified multimedia experience across Android and iOS devices. The player is commercially available and set to distribute video-on-demand and live content for a range of global OTT services. Utilizing hardware enhancements where available, the player supports Smooth Streaming, HLS, and MPEG-DASH delivery protocols. SecurePlayer 2.0 protects premium content with studio-approved, user-friendly Microsoft® PlayReady® content access technology. Additional advanced features include subtitles, multi-language audio, analytics, and ad insertion support.
"VisualOn offers seamless multimedia content delivery and playback with the highest quality video and audio experience on a multitude of connected devices," said Coby Sella, CEO of Discretix. "The combination of the player's powerful capabilities and Discretix's content protection results in an unrivaled solution for multiscreen service providers."
"We chose to partner with Discretix because of their expertise in mobile device DRM security," said Yang Cai, CEO of VisualOn. "We're experts in navigating the disjointed device market to provide high-quality, scalable solutions. Integrating DRM capabilities is what our customers need to navigate the current content delivery landscape."SecurePlayer 2.0 features the technology behind VisualOn's OnStream™ MediaPlayer+ and Discretix' client-side DRM security:
- OnStream MediaPlayer+ provides a scalable, quick-to-market solution for content providers and device manufacturers to offer high-quality visual and audio content delivery – alleviating the challenges of a fragmented, multi-platform mobile ecosystem.
- Discretix's content protection solutions are trusted by service providers and content owners across the globe and deployed on more than 100 million mobile devices - manufactured by the largest smartphone and tablet vendors.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts