Sun Communities (NYSE: SUI) shares currently have a dividend yield of 5.20%. Sun Communities, Inc. operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT). It owns, operates, and develops manufactured housing communities in the midwestern, southern, and southeastern United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 270.17. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Sun Communities a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Sun Communities has been 225,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Sun Communities has a market cap of $1.5 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 18.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Sun Communities as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SUI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 16.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- SUN COMMUNITIES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, SUN COMMUNITIES INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.20 versus -$0.05 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.33 versus $0.20).
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. We feel that the combination of its price rise over the last year and its current price-to-earnings ratio relative to its industry tend to reduce its upside potential.
- Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, SUN COMMUNITIES INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for SUN COMMUNITIES INC is rather low; currently it is at 19.10%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -0.44% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Sun Communities Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts