Association Of Black Foundation Executives Heads To Chicago For Fourth Annual Conference Themed: Innovation + Investment = Impact
Among Key Issues: Community Violence, Black Male Stereotypes in the Media, Grant Management and Athlete and Entertainer Foundations
CHICAGO, April 4, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Association of Black Foundation Executives (ABFE) fourth annual conference will be held in Chicago this week. The agenda addresses violence in the Black community, negative image of Black males in the media, and foundation operations, specifically finance, investment, and grants management. There is also a session designed to help athletes and entertainers increase their understanding of the mainstream grantmaking process, an issue recently portrayed negatively in an ESPN news story.
WHEN: April 4- 7, 2013 Key Activities Include:
- Friday, April 5, 6:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. - Donor Salon conversation w/ John W. Rogers, Jr.
- Saturday, April 6
- 12:00 p.m.-1:30 p.m. – Keynote Luncheon Speaker: Maya Wiley, Founder, Center for Social Inclusion
- 2:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. – Off-site visit to Dorchester Projects and Rebuild Foundation projects.
- Meeting point: Black Cinema House, 6901 S. Dorchester Ave. Chicago, IL
- 6:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m. – James A. Joseph Lecture Awards Ceremony and Reception
See complete schedule for conference activities: abfeconference.orgWHERE: Palmer House Hilton Hotel, 17 E Monroe St, Chicago, IL 60603; Phone:(312) 726-7500 WHO: Over 225 leaders and professionals in philanthropy i.e., presidents, trustees, program officers, athletes and donors are expected to attend, including Chicago Bears linebacker James Anderson and Dr. Freeman Hrabowski, President, University of Maryland Baltimore County. Award Recipients :
- James A. Joseph Lecturer Award: Robert K. Ross, M.D., President and CEO of The California Endowment
- Trailblazer Award: John W. Rogers, Jr ., Founder, Chairman and CEO of Ariel Investments will receive the 2013
- Emerging Leader in Philanthropy: Nicole R. Robinson , President Mondelez International Foundation
- Institutional Award for Philanthropic Leadership: Edward W. Hazen Foundation
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts