Cisco, led by CEO John Chambers, will absorb Ubiquisys employees into its service provider mobility group and they will report to Partho Mishra, vice president and general manager for Cisco's service provider small cell technology group. The deal should close by July 27, the end of Cisco's fiscal fourth quarter.
Cisco bought Ra'anana, Israel, networking software company Intucell Ltd. for $475 million on Jan. 23. It then bought Prauge-based cybersecurity company Cognitive Security on Jan. 29 and Vienna cloud service company SolveDirect on March 25, both for undisclosed terms. Cisco said the Ubiquisys acquisition complements the Intucell purchase.
A Ubiquisys spokeswoman declined comment on Wednesday's deal.
Written by Thomas Zadvydas in New York
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV