San Jose, Calif.-based Cisco was little changed Thursday at $21.03. Shares have gained 7% this year.
The purchase of the U.K. target is the fourth acquisition made by Cisco this year. The networking equipment company has utilized mergers and acquisitions to enhance its data security, cloud-service, and connectivity capability and expand its international footprint.
Swindon, U.K.-based Ubiquisys was founded in 2004 by its chief technology officer, Will Franks. The company's products are based on femtocells, which are wireless systems that mimic commercial cellular base stations for use in a home or office. It introduced a device called ZoneGate, a small plug device that attaches to a user's broadband connection. A user can connect his or her cellphone to the device and use voice over Internet protocol to make calls."Ubiquisys helps deliver a complete transmission solution
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV