Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 4/8/13, Calamos Global Total Return Fund (CGO)CGO will trade ex-dividend, for its monthly dividend of $0.10, payable on 4/15/13. As a percentage of CGO's recent stock price of $14.59, this dividend works out to approximately 0.69%, so look for shares of Calamos Global Total Return Fund to trade 0.69% lower — all else being equal — when CGO shares open for trading on 4/8/13.
Below is a dividend history chart for CGO, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.10 declared by Calamos Global Total Return Fund:
In general, dividends are not always predictable; but looking at the history above can help in judging whether the most recent dividend from CGO is likely to continue, and whether the current estimated yield of 8.22% on annualized basis is a reasonable expectation of annual yield going forward.
In Thursday trading, Calamos Global Total Return Fund shares are currently trading flat on the day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV