NORTHBROOK, Ill., April 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A recent Allstate poll found that more than four in 10 (41 percent) Americans are living paycheck-to-paycheck while another 8 percent say they don't earn enough each month to pay for essentials. To help combat the numbers of Americans struggling to make their financial goals today, "The Savage Truth on Money Presented by Allstate," will kick off Financial Literacy Awareness Month with a five-city tour.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/award-winning-the-savage-truth-on-money-kicks-off-2013-tour-201307431.html
"Allstate saw a growing gap between those who can make ends meet and those who can't, so we decided to take action to provide consumers with the tips and resources that would help them on their personal financial journey," said Bill Kavanaugh, senior vice president, Allstate Life Insurance Company. "This program teaches valuable information while inciting action for greater financial literacy."
As a 2013 Excellence in Financial Literacy Education (EIFLE) Award winner, The Savage Truth on Money events are complimentary educational opportunities, open to the public, that feature practical advice from award-winning personal finance journalist and author Terry Savage. Every event is co-hosted by local Allstate agencies and exclusive financial specialists who are also experts on this subject matter, and attendees are provided a signed copy of Terry Savage's book, The Savage Truth on Money.Terry Savage writes a nationally syndicated personal finance column and is a regular guest on CNN and CBS, among others. In each event, Savage will cover the following topics to reach a wide range of event attendees:
- Understanding your money personality – saver or spender?
- Rebuilding your credit report – or getting started on a good credit score
- Dealing with debt and mortgage problems
- Starting to invest in the stock market with as little as $50 a month
- Saving for college
- Paying down student loans
- Insuring what's important to you and your family
- Planning for retirement
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV