If you (A) do not believe in the mobile revolution, (B) doubt Facebook (FB) as an advertising platform powerhouse and (C) discount Pandora (P) as the dominant player in Internet radio, you probably still question global warming and want the study of evolution out of public schools.
Dig these numbers. More importantly, dig the change between the two sets of data.
eMarketer September 2012 Mobile Ad Revenue ProjectionseMarketer March 2013 Mobile Ad Revenue Projections It doesn't take a scientist who deals in rockets to see that Google (GOOG) continues to take over the world. But just look at the bump up in the Facebook, Pandora, Twitter and Apple (AAPL) numbers. The takeaways here debunk two myths. One, that Facebook does not provide an effective advertising platform. It absolutely does. If it doesn't work for your favorite company's brand, hire new social media people, because the current crop isn't doing it right.
Two, that Pandora is not for real. Do any other Internet radio players show up on eMarketer's list? Have they ever? Where's Pandora-crusher Spotify? Not there because, at day's end, it doesn't have a business. At least not one built out to the scale that Pandora's is. Without scale and a sales infrastructure -- both could take years to build -- it's difficult, if not impossible, to compete. Follow @rocco_thestreet --Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV