Medbox Applauds New "Seed-to-Sale" Regulations In Massachusetts And Proposed Legislation In New York
HOLLYWOOD, Calif., April 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Medbox, Inc. (OTC Markets: MDBX) ( www.medboxinc.com), a leader in providing industry-specific consulting services and patented systems to medical and retail businesses worldwide, announced that the Massachusetts Department of Public Health has published its medical marijuana dispensary program rules.
In a statement to the press last Friday, Dr. Bruce Bedrick, CEO of Medbox stated the following:
"The Massachusetts Department of Public Health has made Massachusetts the new gold standard for the safest and most secure regulation of medical marijuana. The thoughtful, open and fair process of the past few months has culminated in the best draft regulations seen in the industry to date. These regulations take all parties into consideration from the patients and dispensary operators to legislators and law enforcement.
The inclusion of the real time electronic seed-to-patient database will make Massachusetts the most highly regulated Medical Marijuana state program in the country. The regulations and real time database proposed will eliminate any opportunity for diversion and therefore, should please and allay fears of the public in general, city and town officials, and law enforcement.While some may disagree with a few of the minor provisions of the regulations, these rules secure Massachusetts' place atop the leader board in fairness, access, safety and security. From our perspective, the regulations are validating, because, in Medbox, we have created the system that offers the safety, security and inventory control the state is seeking. Our track record demonstrates that our consulting should provide the best chance of success for medical marijuana entrepreneurs in Massachusetts." The pertinent parts of the rules as it pertains to Medbox are as follows:
- DPH required electronic seed-to-sale tracking
- DPH mandated "merit based" dispensary license allocation process
- DPH mandated the sale of vaporizers within medical marijuana retail outlets
- 35 total licenses to be awarded from the state based on geographic location or "zone"
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV