Help/Systems Launches The InterMapper App For Splunk Enterprise
MINNEAPOLIS, April 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Help/Systems, LLC, a world leader in systems and network management, security, and business intelligence software, today announced the immediate availability of the InterMapper App for Splunk Enterprise. It enables the network administrator to proactively probe network hardware, software and bandwidth utilization in real-time, creating actionable knowledge within Splunk.
"More and more companies are looking to Splunk as their platform of choice for integrating and correlating a broad range of operational data and generating business insights," said Jim Frey, Managing Research Director, Network Management at Enterprise Management Associates. "The InterMapper App for Splunk is a great example of how network analytics such as real-time network monitoring and status can be added into the picture, filling an important gap and enabling correlation of infrastructure health and activity with systems, application, service, and transaction viewpoints."
Integrated network device monitoring is a common request from network administrators today. In order to start realizing value of this capability, users simply need to download the InterMapper App for Splunk from Splunkbase ( http://splunk-base.splunk.com/apps/51549/splunk-app-for-network-monitoring-and-mapping), point it at their InterMapper server and start seeing their network maps within Splunk. InterMapper's trusted solution helps maximize network uptime and supports compliance initiatives by increasing visibility and access to network performance data."By correlating InterMapper data with other machine data within Splunk software, you can build a bigger picture of the overall health of the network and isolate problems that may be affecting it," says Janet Dryer, CEO of Help/Systems. "This delivers better visibility into what is really happening on your network, either in real-time or as part of a forensic analysis after an event." The major benefits of InterMapper data within Splunk are:
- Proactive monitoring of network devices – not just waiting for log events to occur. This helps reducing expensive network outages and enables compliance with SLAs
- Live maps provide an at-a-glance view of real-time network conditions, including Layer 2 physical connections in order to optimize network performance and avoid traffic bottlenecks
- Identify patterns of InterMapper alerts and trap messages with Splunk's capabilities to create and visualize notifications based on custom performance thresholds
- Correlate InterMapper data with other machine data within Splunk, including security, applications, server, virtualization, storage data to gain end-to-end visibility into infrastructure as well as to provide insight into valuable business metrics
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts