- Las Vegas: The Palazzo Resort Hotel & CasinoThis deluxe resort is LEED certified and designed to reuse waste energy, reduce environmental impact and, in some sections, operate as self-sustaining. Guests of one of the more famous casinos on the strip can enjoy a luxurious and stylish stay without guilt.
- New York City : ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotelink48 hotel not only offers eco-conscious amenities but also engrains green living into its business practices and staff mindsets through its EarthCare program. Program members frequently brainstorm new ways to care for the planet by applying simple practices, such as printing collateral with soy-based inks and implementing water-efficient products in each of the rooms.
- Orlando: Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorldRoll up at the Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld in a hybrid vehicle and receive complimentary valet parking. This "Excellent" Hotels.com Guest Rated hotel also utilizes motion sensors and timed light switches in offices and storage rooms and uses organic foods whenever possible.
- Los Angeles: The Westin Bonaventure Hotel and SuitesThis was LA's first hotel to reach the environmental standards set by Green Seal, going to great lengths to create the ultimate urban oasis and be its own "city within a city." The hotel utilizes biodegradable washing and laundry detergent, participates in composting, and collaborates with environmentally responsible vendors, among many other eco-friendly practices.
- Chicago: Hotel Felix Chicago Chicago may be number 5 on the HPI Top Domestic Cities list, but it is number one in the green hotel initiative. As the first hotel in Chicago with a Silver LEED certification, The Hotel Felix epitomizes these sustainable values. Even the artwork at this hotel is sustainable by using found and reclaimed materials like the sculpture, "Loren the Doorman," which consists of pipes, a bucket, a drill bit and an umbrella stand.
- San Diego: L'Auberge Del MarThe luxury villa calls its sustainable initiatives DESTINATION EARTH®. It all began in its food and beverage department with free range meats and organic produce. Not to mention the meeting spaces, spas and even key cards have gone green.
- W Hotel San Francisco At the San Francisco W Hotel outpost, guests are encouraged to "stay green, glamorous and global," a phrase that portrays the need for sustainable practices without sacrificing valuable relaxation time. It is one of seven hotels in North America with a Silver LEED-EB certification.
- Washington, D.C.: Savoy Suites HotelThe boutique hotel in the heart of Georgetown kick started its eco-friendly hotel initiative in 2006 with employee and guest awareness campaigns and a recycling program. Today, the property has expanded its green campaign by instituting 100 percent green cleaning products and detergents, 100 percent eco-friendly bath amenities for guests, and wind power through a partnership with World Energy Solution, Inc.
- Houston : The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention CenterHotel grounds and the golf course are naturally landscaped with native plants, trees and shrubs. The land surrounding the property remains in its naturally forested state, requiring no fertilization or watering. The hotel also recycles extensively and kitchen grease is collected and used for making biofuel.
- San Antonio: JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & SpaReceiving an "Outstanding" Hotels.com Guest Rating, this luxury resort in scenic Texas Hill Country receives approximately 70 percent of its power through Windtricity, the city of San Antonio's green energy program. The fountains on-site use recycled water and the two championship golf courses adjoined to the property conserve precious water in this arid region.
10 Eco-friendly Yet Stylish Hotels In Americans' Favorite Destinations According To The Hotels.com Hotel Price Index
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts