New Research Shows Emotional Intelligence Improves Organizational Climate And Bottom-Line Performance, Presented At Harvard University In June
SAN FRANCISCO, April 4, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- This week Six Seconds, The Emotional Intelligence Network, published a new study showing that leaders with stronger emotional capabilities create higher performance.
The three-year study was conducted at AMADORI, a supplier of poultry products to McDonalds in Europe. Key findings include:
- For individual managers, emotional intelligence scores predict 47% of the variation in manager's performance scores.
- Emotional intelligence predicts 76% of the variation in organizational engagement.
- Plants with higher organizational engagement achieved higher bottom-line results.
- In addition, during the project, employee turnover also dropped by 63%.
One of the leaders of the project, Massimiliano Ghini, a professor of management at Alma Graduate School in Italy, says the study is important because it links three critical variables.
"This is one of the first studies," Ghini says, "showing the link between the individual leader's emotional intelligence, the impact on organizational climate, and how that drives performance."Ghini will be presenting the results at Harvard University in June at the NexusEQ Conference ( www.NexusEQ.com). "Nexus" refers to the intersection of science and practice, and will highlight cases like this demonstrating how emotional intelligence can be effectively used in businesses, as well as in education and health. The study appeared this week on Six Seconds, The Emotional Intelligence Network: http://www.6seconds.org/?p=8929. Six Seconds is a global organization supporting the development of emotional intelligence According to the paper, emotional intelligence refers to a set of skills for understanding and using emotions effectively. The new paper describes a process of increasing self-awareness, self-management, and self-direction. These learnable skills appear to make managers more capable of building a workplace climate, or environment, where employees are effective.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV