HOUSTON, April 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Noble Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NBL) today announced that the Tamar natural gas field offshore Israel has been successfully brought online with all five of the subsea wells now producing at stable rates totaling approximately 300 million cubic feet per day (MMcf/d). When combined with existing Mari-B volumes, the total current sales are nearly 500 MMcf/d and are expected to average 700 MMcf/d through the remainder of the year. Initial sales commenced on March 31 as natural gas flowed from the field to the Tamar platform and then to the Ashdod Onshore Terminal.
The development is designed to deliver natural gas rates up to 1 billion cubic feet per day (Bcf/d). Volumes will likely reach this maximum capacity during the peak summer demand in the third quarter this year.
Charles D. Davidson, Noble Energy's Chairman and CEO, commented, "In just over four years from discovery, the Tamar project is fully operational and delivering significant volumes of natural gas to Israel. The project is a technological and commercial milestone for Noble Energy and our partners. This is the third major global project we have brought online in the last 18 months and it will make a significant contribution to our continuing production growth. Building on this success, we are working with the government and our partners to sanction the next phase of development at Tamar and the domestic phase of Leviathan."
The gross resource estimate of Tamar has been increased to 10 trillion cubic feet (Tcf), up from 9 Tcf, as a result of development drilling and continued reservoir analysis and modeling. An independent assessment conducted by Netherland, Sewell & Associates, Inc. supports the new resource estimate.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV