Jobs Number Tallies Just 88,000
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The U.S. work force added 88,000 jobs in March, the Labor Department said Friday.
The unemployment rate fell to 7.6% from 7.7% the previous month.
Payrolls were expected by economists to have risen by 200,000 last month, according to a Reuters survey. The unemployment rate was forecast to remain at 7.7%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV