April 4, 2013
. (NASDAQ: ACCL), a leading provider of scientific innovation lifecycle management software, today announced a new award honoring companies that are closing the productivity gap from innovation through commercialization – the Scientific Innovation Lifecycle Leaders Awards.
The awards recognize companies that leverage pioneering technology solutions and processes to accelerate new product innovation, speed time-to-market and increase profitability. According to Accelrys President and Chief Executive Officer
, "Every day, companies that rely on science are undertaking new technology initiatives designed to increase their efficiency and competitiveness, and bring products to market faster. The trailblazers of the industry are pushing the boundaries and creating entirely new approaches that don't rely on traditional paradigms – they are forging new paths that will impact their industries for years to come. Accelrys is proud to honor these industry leaders and the changes they are making to close the productivity gap and revolutionize R&D."
Accelrys will annually confer the awards in four categories – Life Sciences Research and Development; Materials Science and Engineering; Process Management and Compliance; and Excellence in Enterprise Informatics Implementation. Customers of Accelrys that exemplify best practices in managing their Scientific Innovation Lifecycle are invited to submit. Applications should outline:
- Why this project makes the organization a scientific innovation lifecycle leader? How did it improve R&D and product development within the organization?
- How this project pushed the boundaries, moving beyond traditional approaches?
- The specific project or organizational changes the company undertook and the functional area(s) it impacted – research, development, QA/QC or manufacturing.
- Challenges and obstacles faced in the undertaking the project or changes.
- Key team members.
- How the project succeeded – from new scientific approaches and driving innovation to streamlining internal processes to quantitative results – and any expected future outcomes.
About Accelrys, Inc.
- Submissions are being accepted until April 30, 2013.
- Submissions can be created in the format of the nominator's choice (videos should be under five minutes and written submissions less than 1,000 words)
- Submissions should be sent to Accelrys.
- Accelrys retains the right to publish portions of or full submissions unless confidentiality is requested by the nominator.
Accelrys, Inc. (NASDAQ: ACCL), a leading provider of scientific innovation lifecycle management software, supports industries and organizations that rely on scientific innovation to differentiate themselves. The industry-leading Accelrys Enterprise Platform provides a broad and flexible scientific solution optimized to integrate the diversity of science, experimental processes and information requirements across the research, development, process scale-up and early manufacturing phases of product development. By incorporating capabilities in applications for modeling and simulation, enterprise lab management, workflow and automation, and data management and informatics, Accelrys enables scientific innovators to access, organize, analyze and share data in unprecedented ways, ultimately enhancing innovation, improving productivity and compliance, reducing costs and speeding time from lab to market.
Accelrys solutions are used by more than 1,300 companies in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, energy, chemicals, aerospace, consumer packaged goods and industrial products industries. Headquartered in
San Diego, California
, USA, Accelrys employs more than 200 full-time Ph.D scientists. For more information about Accelrys, visit
Follow Accelrys on Twitter
Friend Accelrys on Facebook
Accelrys' YouTube Channel
Connect with Accelrys on LinkedIn
SOURCE Accelrys, Inc.