SAN DIEGO, April 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Accelrys, Inc. (NASDAQ: ACCL), a leading provider of scientific innovation lifecycle management software, today announced a new award honoring companies that are closing the productivity gap from innovation through commercialization – the Scientific Innovation Lifecycle Leaders Awards.
The awards recognize companies that leverage pioneering technology solutions and processes to accelerate new product innovation, speed time-to-market and increase profitability. According to Accelrys President and Chief Executive Officer Max Carnecchia, "Every day, companies that rely on science are undertaking new technology initiatives designed to increase their efficiency and competitiveness, and bring products to market faster. The trailblazers of the industry are pushing the boundaries and creating entirely new approaches that don't rely on traditional paradigms – they are forging new paths that will impact their industries for years to come. Accelrys is proud to honor these industry leaders and the changes they are making to close the productivity gap and revolutionize R&D."
Accelrys will annually confer the awards in four categories – Life Sciences Research and Development; Materials Science and Engineering; Process Management and Compliance; and Excellence in Enterprise Informatics Implementation. Customers of Accelrys that exemplify best practices in managing their Scientific Innovation Lifecycle are invited to submit. Applications should outline:
- Why this project makes the organization a scientific innovation lifecycle leader? How did it improve R&D and product development within the organization?
- How this project pushed the boundaries, moving beyond traditional approaches?
- The specific project or organizational changes the company undertook and the functional area(s) it impacted – research, development, QA/QC or manufacturing.
- Challenges and obstacles faced in the undertaking the project or changes.
- Key team members.
- How the project succeeded – from new scientific approaches and driving innovation to streamlining internal processes to quantitative results – and any expected future outcomes.
- Submissions are being accepted until April 30, 2013.
- Submissions can be created in the format of the nominator's choice (videos should be under five minutes and written submissions less than 1,000 words)
- Submissions should be sent to Accelrys.
- Accelrys retains the right to publish portions of or full submissions unless confidentiality is requested by the nominator.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV