Chatter is the global standard for enterprise social networks, driving new levels of innovation with more than 195,000 active social networks globally. With more than 200 million Chatter recommendations delivered to users each month, Salesforce is harnessing big data to drive social intelligence in the enterprise and raise the social IQ of every employee.
Social Intelligence in Salesforce Chatter—Unveiling Revolutionary Chatter Topics and Expertise
Building on the success of previous social intelligence innovations like Chatter Recommendations, Chatter Influence and Chatter Similar Files, new Chatter Topics and Expertise will enable users to discover insights, connect with experts and find related resources, all based on topics of interest.
Chatter Topics and Expertise will analyze and categorize structured and unstructured information within Salesforce. Through this process, Chatter Topics and Expertise will seamlessly connect related experts, files, groups and other information, all on a single topic page. These topic pages will be auto-curated through salesforce.com's patent-pending algorithms, magnified by ongoing user engagement and validation of topic suggestions in the feed.
With new Chatter Topics and Expertise, users will be able to leverage both their social graph and their interest graph. For example, a new hire will be able to discover topic pages and groups to help her become productive within a few hours versus days or weeks. Additionally, any employee will be able to identify and connect with experts in real-time, whether it is a product expert who provides insight into a development roadmap, or an influencer who drives thought leadership. Now, every employee can contribute, discover and connect like never before.
Salesforce Chatter: Setting a New Standard for Social CRM
Chatter is built on the Salesforce Platform and is embedded in all Salesforce apps and any custom or partner apps built on the Salesforce Platform. With social intelligence in Chatter, salesforce.com will set a new standard for social CRM, revolutionizing the way companies sell, service and market:
Pricing & Availability
- Sell: Salespeople will be able to instantly identify topics and experts critical to the deal they are working on—whether it is finding the latest competitive information as they walk into a customer meeting or connecting with a pricing expert to close a deal.
- Service: Customer service reps will be able to address customer issues more quickly—whether connecting customers with experts to deliver more in-depth solutions or anticipating a customer's next question based on related resources on a topics page.
- Market: Marketers will be able to collaborate and execute on campaigns more effectively—whether it is reacting more quickly to new market insights by topic, or leveraging experts to inform new creative concepts.
- Chatter Recommendations and Chatter Similar Files are currently available in Salesforce Chatter.
- Chatter Influence is currently available in Salesforce Chatter Plus.
- Chatter Topics is now available in pilot and is currently scheduled to be generally available the second half of 2013.
- Chatter Topics pricing is currently scheduled to be announced upon generally availability.
Founded in 1999, salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing leader. Salesforce.com's social and mobile cloud technologies enable companies to transform into customer companies by connecting with their customers, employees, partners and products in entirely new ways. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's apps and platform revolutionize the way companies sell, service, market and innovate.
- Grow your business with the #1 sales app, Salesforce Sales Cloud
- Deliver amazing customer service with the #1 service app, Salesforce Service Cloud
- Listen, engage, advertise and measure social marketing with the #1 social marketing app, Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Build and deliver social and mobile apps with the Salesforce Platform, and extend success with the world's leading enterprise app marketplace, the AppExchange
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in
, with offices in
, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit
, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
Copyright © 2013 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce, Chatter, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Work.com, AppExchange, Salesforce Platform, and others are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.