SAN FRANCISCO, April 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing company, today redefined social intelligence in Salesforce Chatter, empowering customer companies to tap into the power of their interest graph and connect with their customers, partners, employees and products in entirely new ways. With new Chatter Topics and Expertise, users will be able to discover insights, identify experts and find related resources, all based on topics of interest. Chatter, the leading enterprise social network, is built on the Salesforce Platform, delivering social intelligence in every Salesforce app.
Comments on the News
- "Serendipity is not a strategy for connecting employees with the right information and experts," said Nasi Jazayeri, EVP of Salesforce Chatter, salesforce.com. "Social intelligence in Chatter gives enterprises unmatched ability to unlock their internal knowledge base and deliver new levels of collaboration and productivity."
- "Social intelligence in Chatter exposes ideas and content we didn't know existed," said Robert Lacis, Director of Sales Operations at Maxim Integrated. "Unlocking information and finding expertise in our company empowers users in just a few clicks—it is changing the dynamics of relationships between people, information and ideas. Chatter Topics is the missing link that is connecting people and ideas across information silos."
- "As enterprise social software grows into enterprise social networks (ESNs), solution functionality like profiles, activity streams and blogs have quickly become assumed," said Vanessa Thompson, research manager for IDC's Enterprise Social Networks and Collaborative Technologies. "Social intelligence will only make ESN's more pervasive by adding context to the funnel of data available and providing insight into past, current, and future actions."
Empowering Customer Companies to Tap Into the Power of Their Interest Graph Social networks are training people to communicate, connect and consume information in a new way. Consumers are building their social graph on Facebook based on their connections with people—friends, family, colleagues and groups. And consumers are building their interest graph on Twitter based on the collection of brands, experts and hashtags they follow.Today, customer companies are asking for a new way to tap into their organization's social graph and interest graph. The intersection of these graphs uniquely surfaces the influence, expertise and trends—within any organization or community—to connect people and information in valuable new ways.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts