Cerulean Pharma To Present Data On CRLX101's HIF-1a Inhibition At The American Association For Cancer Research Annual Meeting
In addition, Cerulean scientists will participate in the following sessions at AACR:
- CRLX101, a nanopharmaceutical in phase 2 clinical trials, is synergistic with antiangiogenic treatment through HIF-1a inhibition in an ovarian cancer xenograft model ( April 7, 1:00 – 5:00 pm): Douglas Lazarus, director of biology at Cerulean, will present a poster on the improved efficacy of antiangiogenic drugs when combined with CRLX101.
- Nanotechnology Approaches to the Treatment of Cancer ( April 7, 1:00 – 3:00 pm): Dr. Scott D. Eliasof, vice president of research at Cerulean, will participate in a panel discussion led by Mark Davis of the California Institute of Technology on the advantages of using nanoparticles such as CRLX101 for the treatment of cancer, including how nanotechnology enabled the creation of the first clinically relevant HIF-1a inhibitor.
CRLX101 is an investigational anti-cancer agent that is a dual inhibitor of topoisomerase 1 and hypoxia-inducible factor-1α. CRLX101 is a dynamically tumor-targeted nanopharmaceutical designed to concentrate in tumors and release its payload, camptothecin, over an extended period of time, prolonging drug exposure at the site of action. Anti-tumor activity has been observed across a wide range of cancers in animal models and in seven clinical trials. CRLX101 is currently in Phase 2 clinical development. More information on CRLX101 clinical studies can be found at www.clinicaltrials.gov.
About Cerulean Pharma Inc.Cerulean Pharma Inc. is a clinical-stage company specializing in the development of dynamically tumor-targeted nanopharmaceuticals. Cerulean is applying its proprietary nanopharmaceutical platform to advance a new class of therapeutic agents to address significant unmet medical needs. With an initial focus in oncology, the Company's technology platform can be applied to a wide range of drug molecules, ranging from small molecules to peptides and RNAs. Cerulean is privately financed and funded by experienced healthcare investors, including Polaris Venture Partners, Venrock, Lilly Ventures, Lux Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, and CVF, LLC. Cerulean is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. For more information, please visit the Company's website at http://www.ceruleanrx.com. Media Contacts: Kristin Villiotte or Kim McCrossenSchwartz MSL email@example.com+1 781-684-0770 SOURCE Cerulean Pharma Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV