NORCROSS, Ga., April 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Gilbert Amelio, former CEO of Apple, and Rod Martin, former counsel to PayPal, both on the Board of Directors of Galectin Therapeutics (NASDAQ: GALT) authored an opinion piece in today's Atlanta Journal Constitution discussing the future of Atlanta as the emerging Silicon Valley for changing the world by curing the big diseases, and why they moved Galectin Therapeutics to Atlanta.
"The world needs a biotech Silicon Valley. We believe that Atlanta is perfectly poised to become just that," wrote Amelio and Martin.
To read the full op-ed from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, click here. To schedule interviews with Gil Amelio and Rod Martin, please contact Cheri Jacobus at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (202) 257-4638.
About Galectin TherapeuticsGalectin Therapeutics (NASDAQ: GALT) is developing promising carbohydrate-based therapies for the treatment of fibrotic liver disease and cancer based on the Company's unique understanding of galectin proteins, key mediators of biologic function. We are leveraging extensive scientific and development expertise as well as established relationships with external sources to achieve cost effective and efficient development. We are pursuing a clear development pathway to clinical enhancement and commercialization for our lead compounds in liver fibrosis and cancer. Additional information is available at www.galectintherapeutics.com. SOURCE Galectin Therapeutics Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV