- In February of 2012 the Company completed the sale of GeneWize Life Sciences, Inc. to Capsalus Corp (OTCBB: WELL.OB, or "Capsalus"). The sale and accompanying licensing fees provided $1,165,900 to GeneLink during the fiscal year.
- Annual net sales decreased from $4,684,577 to $2,136,142. The decrease is primarily related to the sale of GeneWize and the subsequent conversion from retail to wholesale business model in February of 2012.
- The operating loss in 2012 was $3,468,997. Most of the loss is attributable to the unsupported overhead costs at GeneLink, establishment of GeneLink's own manufacturing facility, and implementation of plans to support GeneLink's expansion into additional channels. In addition, we had extraordinary legal expenses related to regulatory compliance. Net losses for 2012 in the amount of $3,051,747 decreased by $748,449 or 20% compared to 2011.
- Ongoing cost initiatives resulted in the reduction of 2012 monthly recurring operating expenses by over 50% compared to 2011.
- Reduced accounts payable during 2012 by over 25%.
GeneLink Reports 2012 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts