Michaels Celebrates Earth Day With Upcycling Party Ideas And A Tree-Planting Initiative
IRVING, Texas, April 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- To join in the worldwide celebration of Earth Day on April 22, Michaels is inspiring customers with upcycling project ideas and a text-message campaign to plant 10,000 new trees in North America through the American Forests Global ReLeaf program.
Michaels offers creative ways for customers to celebrate Earth Day in its April LookBook, with ideas for party games and décor using recycled materials they already have in their homes. Projects include:
- Water Bottle Bowling – empty plastic water bottles are transformed into brightly painted "pins" for a fun, eco-minded game.
- Block Party Banner – a little leftover fabric and recycled cardboard become a welcoming sign for friends and neighbors.
- Recycled Flowers – festive decor is a snap with cheerful flowers made from old soda cans or newspapers.
Michaels Kids Club also will host Earth Day crafting events in all stores throughout April. For just $2 per child per 30-minute session, kids can learn to create one-of-a-kind stamps with foam and paint, craft puppets from recycled water bottles or turn leftover supplies into art."We believe that creativity is one of our greatest natural resources, and what better way to celebrate Earth Day than with DIY projects that respect the planet?" said Michaels Chief Marketing Officer Paula Puleo. "We hope our customers will continue to find inspiration all year long by signing up for our text alerts in April, which also will help us plant new trees." In honor of customers who opt in to receive text alerts from Michaels by texting RELEAF to 273283 during April, Michaels will make a donation that allows Global ReLeaf to plant 10,000 trees.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts