Michaels Celebrates Earth Day With Upcycling Party Ideas And A Tree-Planting Initiative
IRVING, Texas, April 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- To join in the worldwide celebration of Earth Day on April 22, Michaels is inspiring customers with upcycling project ideas and a text-message campaign to plant 10,000 new trees in North America through the American Forests Global ReLeaf program.
Michaels offers creative ways for customers to celebrate Earth Day in its April LookBook, with ideas for party games and décor using recycled materials they already have in their homes. Projects include:
- Water Bottle Bowling – empty plastic water bottles are transformed into brightly painted "pins" for a fun, eco-minded game.
- Block Party Banner – a little leftover fabric and recycled cardboard become a welcoming sign for friends and neighbors.
- Recycled Flowers – festive decor is a snap with cheerful flowers made from old soda cans or newspapers.
Michaels Kids Club also will host Earth Day crafting events in all stores throughout April. For just $2 per child per 30-minute session, kids can learn to create one-of-a-kind stamps with foam and paint, craft puppets from recycled water bottles or turn leftover supplies into art."We believe that creativity is one of our greatest natural resources, and what better way to celebrate Earth Day than with DIY projects that respect the planet?" said Michaels Chief Marketing Officer Paula Puleo. "We hope our customers will continue to find inspiration all year long by signing up for our text alerts in April, which also will help us plant new trees." In honor of customers who opt in to receive text alerts from Michaels by texting RELEAF to 273283 during April, Michaels will make a donation that allows Global ReLeaf to plant 10,000 trees.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV