AMES, Iowa, April 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NewLink Genetics Corporation (NASDAQ: NLNK) is a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing cancer therapeutics. The company today announced that preclinical data on one of its IDO pathway inhibitors, NLG919, will be presented at the 2013 Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) to be held April 6-10 in Washington, DC. The poster presentation will describe the benefits of targeting the IDO pathway with small molecule immunomodulatory drugs for the treatment of cancer. NLG919 is in development as a potent IDO pathway inhibitor with desirable pharmacological properties.
- (Poster #491): Sunday, April 7, 2013, 1:00 -5:00 PM, " NLG919, a novel indoleamine-2,3-dioxygenase (IDO)-pathway inhibitor drug candidate for cancer therapy," M. Mautino , Immunology 2: Vaccines, Immune Modulatory Agents, and Environment, Hall A-C, Poster Section 22, in The Washington Convention Center.
About inhibition of the IDO pathway
IDO pathway inhibitors are another class of immune check point inhibitors akin to the recently developed antibodies targeting CTLA-4 and PD-1 which represent a potential breakthrough approach to cancer therapy. The IDO pathway regulates immune response by suppressing T-cell function and enabling local tumor immune escape. Recent studies have demonstrated that the IDO pathway is active in many cancers, both within tumor cells as a direct defense against T-cell attack, and also within antigen presenting cells in tumor draining lymph nodes whereby this pathway promotes peripheral tolerance to tumor associated antigens (TAAs). When hijacked by developing cancers in this manner, the IDO pathway may facilitate the survival, growth, invasion and metastasis of malignant cells expressing TAAs that might otherwise be recognized and attacked by the immune system. NewLink has a number of active programs directed at synthesizing IDO pathway inhibitors. These small-molecule, anti-tolerogenic product candidates are intended to counteract this key mechanism by which tumors evade immune-mediated destruction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV