NEW YORK -- Alcoa (AA), the aluminum giant, is expected by analysts on Monday to post first-quarter earnings of 8 cents a share on revenue of $5.88 billion.
Alcoa reported adjusted earnings of 10 cents a share on revenue of $6.01 billion in the year-earlier quarter.
Alcoa, which traditionally kicks off earnings season, will issue results after the market closes.
General Electric (GE) is close to a deal to buy Lufkin Industries (LUFK), The Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter. Lufkin is an oil and gas equipment company. It was unclear at what stage the talks were in as were the terms under discussion, the newspaper said. Lufkin has a market capitalization of almost $2.2 billion. 5 Toxic Stocks You Should Sell in April
UPS (UPS) appealed the European Union regulator's January decision to block its roughly $6.7 billion bid for TNT Express, the Dutch delivery company. However, UPS said it wasn't renewing its interest in TNT Express; it was seeking a "more accurate assessment of the EU competitive landscape and that there's no precedent that could limit international growth opportunity," a spokeswoman for UPS told Bloomberg. 5 Stocks Rising on Unusual Volume
A. Schulman (SHLM), the specialty chemicals maker, is expected by Wall Street on Monday to report fiscal second-quarter earnings of 40 cents a share on revenue of $526.4 million.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV