HOUSTON, April 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Shell knows that paying less for fuel continues to be top of mind and consumers are hungry for a loyalty rewards program that will help them drop their price at the pump. The Fuel Rewards Network™ (FRN) program, the first-of-its-kind national program, offers consumers a way to pay less for fuel by earning rewards on everyday purchases that can be redeemed for fuel savings at participating Shell stations nationwide. Since the program's launch in 2012, consumers have saved more than $68 million on high quality fuel at Shell stations 1. FRN Members save on average $0.31 per gallon on their purchases of all grades of Shell Nitrogen Enriched Gasolines at Shell, though some savvy Members have paid as little as just $0.01 per gallon 2.
The FRN program, owned and operated by Excentus, is now available in nearly 200 cities nationwide and allows consumers to combine multiple rewards offers – or cents per gallon rewards – together for potentially huge savings on high quality Shell fuels right at the pump.
"Forty four percent of FRN Members are new Shell customers who are pleased to see their fuel savings become a reality by earning rewards on the items that they are already buying," said Dan Little, Shell North American Fuels Marketing Manager. "These consumers have experienced the savings power of the FRN program allowing them to combine their rewards instantly at the pump so they can save as much as one, two and even three dollars off or more per gallon on high quality fuel at Shell."The FRN program goes beyond traditional loyalty programs by providing consumers with multiple opportunities to earn rewards through brand-name online merchants and at grocery stores, restaurants, retailers and service providers coast-to-coast (ways to save vary by market):
- Shop Online: Access nearly 700 brand name online merchants offering at least 5¢/gal for every $50 you spend. Some may offer 2x, 5x, 10x rewards or more to multiply your savings!
- Dine Out: Link a payment card to the Dining program and earn 10¢/gal for every $50 you spend at 10,000+ participating restaurants nationwide.
- Buy Groceries: Link your local participating grocery store's rewards card to your FRN Account and earn rewards on your grocery store purchases.
- Get eCoupons: Select eCoupons at fuelrewards.com and earn Fuel Rewards ® savings when the eCoupons items are subsequently purchased at participating grocery and drug stores.
- Shop at Shell: Purchase specially marked products inside the convenience store as well as car washes or auto services at participating Shell stations to earn Fuel Rewards savings through the Shell ® Fuel Rewards ® program.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV