CHICAGO, April 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Stable hiring is expected for the second quarter as U.S. employers continue to size up a market that is producing moderate economic growth, according to CareerBuilder's latest job forecast. Twenty-six percent of employers plan to increase full-time, permanent headcount in the next three months, similar to projections for the previous two quarters, but trending below Q2 estimates last year.
The national survey, which was conducted online by Harris Interactive © from February 11 to March 6, 2013, included more than 2,000 hiring managers and human resource professionals across industries and company sizes."The U.S. job market is in a better place today, but concerns over spending cuts, wavering global economies and other factors are weighing on employers' minds," said Matt Ferguson, CEO of CareerBuilder. "We expect continued stability and improvement as the year goes on. When we look at listings on CareerBuilder.com, job growth isn't confined to technology and healthcare and other areas that have fared well post-recession. The rebound in the housing sector is having a positive influence on job creation for related industries that have been struggling." Hiring in Q1 2013 In a previous survey completed in November 2012, 26 percent of employers planned to hire full-time, permanent employees in the first quarter of 2013. The number of employers who actually hired full-time, permanent staff was 28 percent – down from 33 percent last year - reflecting a cautious environment in the wake of slower-than-expected economic growth in Q4 2012. Twelve percent of employers decreased headcount, up from 9 percent last year. Fifty-nine percent said there was no change in their number of full-time, permanent employees while two percent were unsure.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV