6. 2013 Ford (F) C-Max Energi
Miles per gallon: First 21 miles: 100 mpge combined, Next 600 miles: 43 mpg combined
Maybe C-Max sounds a little too similar to a certain Pepsi soda, but what was Ford supposed to do, call it the Ford Prius?
Hey, we're just calling it as we see it, and what we see is a car that looks a whole lot like the Prius priced similarly to the competing Prius doing some very Prius-type things. Its plug-in range is a full 10 miles better than the competing Prius and it has that Ford label on it that scores a few more points with the "Made In The U.S.A." crowd (yep, it's assembled in Wayne, Mich.).It also gets all those sweet Prius benefits such as state and federal refunds and solo carpool lane access. Just look past the name and you'll see a huge win for Ford and for U.S. competition in the plug-in/hybrid race.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV