8. 2013 Chevrolet (GM) Volt
Miles per gallon: First 35 miles: 98 mpge combined. Next 344 miles: 37 mpg combined.
At least you still get an electric vehicle and some fuel efficiency when you splurge on a Tesla. Take the Volt out for more than 35 miles and you basically have a very costly, somewhat inefficient hybrid.
That said, its all-electric range is still far better than that of any plug-in hybrid on the road. All those tech toys such as navigation, status apps for your mobile device, a sweet sound system, lots of space and relative silence make it far more luxurious than its plug-in hybrid peers as well.It's a fuel-efficient luxury, if not an entirely cost-efficient one.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV