10. 2013 Toyota (TM) Prius Plug-In
Miles per gallon: First 11 miles: 95 mpge combined. Next 529 miles: 50 mpg combined
This is how far fuel economy has come: A Prius is at the bottom of this list.
Unfortunately for Prius owners, the Plug-In earned this spot by having one of the wimpiest electric ranges in the industry. Seriously, a three-hour charge to go a scant 11 miles without using gas? Where are you commuting to, the end of the driveway?
Fortunately, the Prius makes up for its somewhat gimmicky electric mileage with the 50 mpg hybrid mileage owners have come to know and love. It also gets owners some sweet state and federal rebates for their trouble, as well as an occasional comfy solo ride in the carpool lane.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV