1. 2013 Scion IQ EV
Miles per gallon: 135 city, 105 highway, 121 combined.
Electric charge range: 50 miles
Toyota's super-small Scion is built for space-deprived city living, but its IQ is destined for densely populated environments.
Seriously, there were only 90 of the electric versions made and they're all earmarked for car-sharing programs in cities and schools around the country. Unless you're willing to get a Zipcar (ZIP) membership and some patience, this tiny parallel parking machine probably isn't happening for you.That's not going to elicit many tears from folks who like their electric vehicles to top out at more than 78 mph, but it'll likely cause some consternation for folks who've just circled the block for the 15th time and keep seeing that length of curb that's just a little too small for their midsized utilitarianmobile -- but a perfect fit for the IQ. -- Written by Jason Notte in Portland, Ore. >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Jason Notte. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/notteham. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV