2. 2013 Honda (HMC) Fit EV
MSRP: $389 a month (lease)
Miles per gallon: 132 city, 105 highway, 118 combined.
Electric charge range: 83 miles
The great news is that Honda's Fit subcompact hatchback gets the EV treatment and gives drivers 83 miles per charge and room for five passengers. That's better than every EV save the Tesla, but there's one catch.
Only a few Americans can get it.Honda's going with a pilot program that only makes the vehicle available for lease in select cities, likely those in the coastal U.S. with access to charging equipment beyond peoples' homes. The Fit's standard keyless entry, cruise control, modular seating, under-seat storage, 57.3 cubic feet of cargo room and 10 cupholders should be as appealing as they've always been, but the EV version will likely inspire some envy among drivers who aren't lucky enough to get a lease and are left waiting for the inevitable broader launch.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV