NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- When it comes to investing ideas that sound too good to be true, they're usually unverifiable. Yet hundreds of thousands of investors and traders are always looking for the next "never-before-offered, one-of-a-kind system" that will beat the investment markets most of the time.
If you're fully invested in the hottest sectors and you don't own shares of Apple (AAPL) or precious metals stocks, you're most likely not going to be as interested in this topic.
On a day like April 3, wouldn't it have been great to be the owner of a few hundred shares of
(ASTX), which popped almost 10% when the company announced that 13 of its abstracts have been accepted for presentation at the American Association of Cancer Research, which begins April 6 in Washington, D.C.
Or perhaps, like myself, you'd be satisfied to own shares of
iShares Japan Index ETF
(EWJ), which, as the following chart shows us, has had an impressive year preceded by a few dismal ones.
EWJ data by
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV