JOHANNESBURG, April 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Gold Fields Limited (Gold Fields) (JSE, NYSE, NASDAQ Dubai: GFI) today announced that attributable Group production for the new Gold Fields, excluding any contribution from Sibanye Gold, for the March 2013 quarter (Q1 2013) is expected to be 476,000 gold-equivalent ounces. Cash costs are expected to be approximately US$830/oz and NCE is expected to be approximately US$1,290/oz.
This performance from the new Gold Fields is in-line with the production guidance for 2013 of between 1,825,000 and 1,900,000 ounces and the cash cost and NCE guidance of US$860/oz and US$1,360/oz respectively.
When Gold Fields reports its results for Q1 2013, it will, for accounting reasons, have to include two months of production (January and February 2013) from Sibanye Gold. On that basis production is expected to be reported as approximately 662,000 gold-equivalent ounces. Total cash costs are expected to be approximately US$915/oz and NCE US$1,325/oz.Gold Fields will release its results for Q1 2013 on Friday, 10 May 2013. Notes to editors About Gold Fields Gold Fields is a significant unhedged producer of gold with attributable annualised production of 2.1 million gold equivalent ounces from six operating mines in Australia, Ghana, Peru and South Africa. Gold Fields also has an extensive and diverse global growth pipeline with four major projects at resource development and feasibility level. Gold Fields International has total managed gold-equivalent Mineral Reserves of 64 million ounces and Mineral Resources of 155 million ounces. Gold Fields is listed on the JSE Limited (primary listing), the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), NASDAQ Dubai Limited, Euronext in Brussels (NYX) and the Swiss Exchange (SWX). In February 2013, Gold Fields unbundled its KDC and Beatrix mines in South Africa into a separately listed company, Sibanye Gold. Sponsor: J.P. Morgan Equities Limited
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV