ASHEBORO, N.C., April 3, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FNB United Corp. (Nasdaq:FNBN) (the "Company"), the bank holding company for CommunityOne Bank, N.A. and Bank of Granite (the "Banks"), announced today that R. Reynolds Neely, Jr. is retiring from the FNB United and CommunityOne Boards of Directors, effective immediately prior to the 2013 Annual Meeting of Shareholders, scheduled for June 20, 2013. Mr. Neely has served as a director of FNB United and CommunityOne since 1980, and has been on the Audit Committee and the Enforcement Compliance Committee. Mr. Neely does not serve on the Bank of Granite Board of Directors. At the time of his retirement Mr. Neely will become a director emeritus.
"We are grateful for Reynolds' long-standing service to our company and the community, particularly during the last several years as we were recapitalized and re-engaging with our customers, particularly in our headquarters community of Asheboro," said Brian Simpson, Chief Executive Officer of the Company. "We look forward to his continuing insights as he transitions to an emeritus status."
The Company's Board is nominating T. Gray McCaskill, CPCU, to stand for election for director at the 2013 Annual Meeting of Shareholders to fill the vacancy created by the retirement of Mr. Neely. Mr. McCaskill is Chief Executive Officer of Senn Dunn Insurance, Greensboro, North Carolina, which is the largest privately owned insurance agency in North Carolina. If elected, Mr. McCaskill will also serve on the Board of CommunityOne Bank, and serve on the Audit Committee and the Enforcement Compliance Committee of both boards."We are excited that Gray has agreed to stand for election to the Company's Board," said Bob Reid, President of the Company. "His enthusiasm for business development and his knowledge of the various markets we serve in North Carolina will be a tremendous asset to our company as we seek to build our business."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV