BC-Business News Digest
â¿¿ MONDELEZ-EXECUTIVE COMPENSATION â¿¿ Mondelez International gave CEO Irene Rosenfeld a pay package worth $22 million last year, as the maker of Oreo cookies and other sweet snacks split from Kraft Foods and began operating as an independent company.
â¿¿ LAS VEGAS SANDS-LAWSUIT â¿¿ Lawyers begin opening statements in the dispute between Las Vegas Sands and a Hong Kong businessman who once consulted for the casino giant. Eds: Developing.
â¿¿ HYUNDAI-KIA-RECALL â¿¿ Korean automakers Hyundai and Kia are recalling almost 1.9 million vehicles to fix problems with air bags and brake light switches.
â¿¿ MASSIVE ONLINE COURSES â¿¿ Stanford University announces that it is joining an initiative co-founded by Harvard and MIT to develop a computer system that allows colleges to offer free online courses, a collaboration that school officials said would benefit both educators and students around the globe.TECHNOLOGY & MEDIA: APPLE-ITV-ANALYST REPORT NEW YORK â¿¿ It's no secret that Apple wants to get into the living room by making its own TV set, and there have been plenty of rumors and reports about how and when it's going to happen. Now, an analyst says he's learned that the set will go on sale late this year, for $1,500 to $2,500. By Technology Writer Peter Svensson. DIGITAL LIFE-TECH TEST-GOOGLE CHROMEBOOK PIXEL SIEM REAP, Cambodia â¿¿ Google's first high-end laptop, the Chromebook Pixel, is an impressive machine. But it isn't very practical â¿¿ at least not yet â¿¿ for most people. It works well when you have a steady Internet connection, but can't do much once you lose that. I brought the Pixel along for a nearly three-week trip to Thailand and Cambodia, where I knew I wouldn't have the type of round-the-clock access I'm used to in the U.S. I was surprised by how much I could do, but quickly got frustrated when I couldn't do more. By Technology Writer Anick Jesdanun.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV