VANCOUVER, April 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Taseko (TSX: TKO; NYSE MKT: TGB) (the "Company") is pleased to announce that a Participation and Cooperation Agreement has been finalized between the Gibraltar Mine and the Williams Lake Indian Band ("WLIB").
The agreement is intended to enhance understanding, communication and cooperation with the WLIB. It includes provisions for the establishment of an implementation committee, community engagement, education and training initiatives and economic development initiatives.
Russell Hallbauer, President and CEO of Taseko, commented, "We are pleased with the working relationship that has been developed with the WLIB over the past year. The agreement reflects a commitment to work together for mutual benefit. Both parties are aligned in their interests and in their commitment to ensure the Gibraltar Mine continues to generate local value and opportunity through environmentally sound mining practices."
Ann Louie, WLIB Chief stated, "We are extremely pleased to conclude this agreement with Gibraltar Mines Ltd. Gibraltar Mine has been in existence since the seventies, and we know that it's not going anywhere. Now we have clarity as to how we can work together to deal with future activity at the mine. Williams Lake Indian Band's approach, where possible, is to work with industry to build relationships and partnerships. We are hopeful that this will be the beginning of a lengthy and cooperative relationship with Gibraltar Mine. We commend Gibraltar, and its parent company Taseko, for working with us to conclude this agreement."Note: Gibraltar is a Joint Venture owned by Taseko Mines Limited (75%) and Cariboo Copper Corp. (25%). Russell Hallbauer President and CEO No regulatory authority has approved or disapproved of the information contained in this news release.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV