AllianceBernstein Suite Of Inflation-Protected And Income-Generating Funds Mark Their Three-Year Anniversaries With Strong Asset Growth And High Rankings
NEW YORK, April 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- AllianceBernstein announced today that its suite of four inflation-protected and income-generating funds -- AllianceBernstein High Income Municipal Portfolio, AllianceBernstein Municipal Bond Inflation Strategy, AllianceBernstein Real Asset Strategy Fund and AllianceBernstein Bond Inflation Strategy Fund -- are celebrating their three-year anniversaries this quarter with continued asset growth, industry recognition and strong relative performance. The suite of products, which have attracted nearly $3 billion in assets since inception, was specifically developed to meet clients' increasing demand for investment vehicles that could mitigate risk, protect against spikes in inflation and generate tax-exempt income.
"The success of these funds comes as a result of our commitment to developing investment products that address our clients' evolving needs and the new economic challenges they face. Several years ago, we committed to introducing investment products that enable advisors to more effectively manage inflation risk and the need for income -- so we created funds like Municipal Bond Inflation, High Income Municipal, Real Asset Strategy and Bond Inflation," said Harold Hughes, Head of AllianceBernstein's US Retail business. "Our High Income Municipal Fund has been the most successful new muni fund launch of the last three years, and the level of interest and new assets our Municipal Bond Inflation Fund has attracted shows that our client-centric approach and focus on delivering strong performance are being well received by investors."
The following US Retail funds recently reached the three-year mark:
- AllianceBernstein High Income Municipal Portfolio (ABTHX and ABTFX) advisor share class, as well as the A and C share classes, was awarded high industry rankings after achieving a three-year track record. The fund ranks in the top quartile for the one- and three-year periods and since inception among its Lipper High Yield Municipal Debt Funds peers. With annualized returns of 10.71%, the fund has outperformed its benchmark and peers since inception, and has gathered more than $1 billion in assets.
- AllianceBernstein Municipal Bond Inflation Strategy (AUNAX and AUNCX) advisor share class, as well as the A and C share classes, was awarded high industry rankings after achieving a three-year track record. The fund, a diversified portfolio with a focus on total return less the effect of inflation, has generated annualized returns of 4.02% since inception and has gathered nearly $700 million in assets.
- AllianceBernstein Real Asset Strategy Fund (AMTAX) targets "real assets" (real estate, energy, metals and agriculture) that are expected to hold their value during periods of rising inflation. With annualized returns of 6.01% since inception, the fund has outperformed its benchmark since inception, and has gathered $400 million in assets.
- AllianceBernstein Bond Inflation Strategy Fund (ABNAX) is a bond alternative to traditional Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities (TIPS) funds that offers a "TIPS-plus" portfolio mix of TIPS, corporate bonds and other types of bonds. The strategy would protect against inflation if yields were to rise. The fund has outperformed its benchmark since inception, with annualized returns of 6.03%, and has gathered $300 million in assets.
The three-year US fund anniversaries mark continued momentum and demand for AllianceBernstein's new client-focused offerings across the globe. Since 2009, the firm has launched 71 new Retail offerings that have collectively gathered more than $26 billion in new assets. Fixed-income performance and innovation have been key drivers of the firm's global asset growth, with 89% of fixed-income assets in services outperforming their benchmarks for the three-year period through December 31, 2012.About AllianceBernstein AllianceBernstein is a leading global investment-management firm that offers high-quality research and diversified investment services to institutional investors, individuals and private clients in major world markets.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts