Scottish Companies Target New York For Trade Mission
NEW YORK, April 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A delegation of 12 Scottish companies are embarking on a trade mission to New York City April 2-5 to make new business connections while promoting Scotland's investment opportunities across a variety of industries from fashion to finance.
This trade mission, sponsored by Scottish Development International, which is the international arm of Scottish Enterprise, the country's economic development organization, kicks off during Scotland Week, the official event for celebrating Scottish business, culture, tourism and trade in North America.
"Scottish exports increased overall by $2 billion to just under a total of $30 billion in 2011. While this growth signals the demand of Scottish products and services globally, the U.S. remains Scotland's single largest export market at $5.3 billion," says Danny Cusick, President, Americas, Scottish Development International. "Strong ties between Scotland and the U.S. have produced mutual economic benefits over the years, so by showcasing Scotland's unique companies and their capabilities to the top U.S. market, we hope to bolster both inward and outward investment to Scotland."
The New York metropolitan area serves as an ideal investment market for Scotland due to both locations' shared success in industries such as bioscience, clean technology, energy, fashion, financial services and media and emerging technologies. Scottish companies looking to capitalize on opportunities in the New York market include:
- Fashion and design groups Nikki McWilliams, Chouchou, Iona Crawford Limited and Hawick Knitwear.
- Online booking system RestaurantDiary.com, web design firm Organic Digital and the CGI visual studio, Soluis.
- Performance and production groups such as Scotland's The Walking Theatre Company and GMTA Ltd.
- High-tech manufacturer of oxygen, gas and fluid sensors, SST Sensing Ltd.
- Legal services firm Cloch Solicitors Limited.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV