VIX: Quarterly Review
TheStreet Premium Services
A complimentary preview
of Options-Profits Previews
Just out of curiosity I checked the first quarter of 2007 to the first quarter of this year as far as VIX activity goes. There are some pretty interesting similarities here. The range is less than 10 points, there were no closes over 20 in the first quarter of each year and VIX got to pretty low levels that were not seen in other years.
So looking forward for VIX, 2007 and 2013 started out in similar fashion. Before all was said and done for the year that was 2007 VIX reached the low 30s. Although things have been pretty quiet in VIX so far in 2013, that does not mean things are going to stay that way.
OptionsProfits can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/OptionsProfits
Russell Rhoads can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/RussellRhoads
CBOE can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/CBOE
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV