SandRidge was under the purview of CEO Tom Ward, who was recently forced out by the activist hedge fund TPG-Axon in a proxy fight. But this was an unusual fight for proxy options and not just shareholder votes.
While it was designed to work the same and allow TPG to install its own candidates to the SandRidge board, so far the current sitting board hasn't allow its new partners to take their new posts. It is perhaps a legal battle that is brewing, but along with Ward's angered selling of his own shares the price for SandRidge has slumped to around $5.
This, I believe, represents an opportunity -- a speculative one, to be sure -- but an opportunity.I talk more about SandRidge with Jim in the video above. At the time of publication the author had a position in SD. Follow @dan_dicker This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV