Most Americans Concerned About Home Water
INDIANAPOLIS, April 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- More than half of Americans have concerns about the quality of their water – and we are increasingly showing a willingness to pay for treatment in the home.
These are among the conclusions of an independent survey released today at Water Quality Association Aquatech USA convention. The random sample survey, conducted by Applied Research-West, Inc., offers a look into Americans' evolving attitude about their water.
"As awareness increases, consumers are looking more and more for ways to protect themselves and their families," said Dave Haataja, executive director of the Water Quality Association, a not-for-profit international trade organization that commissioned the survey.
Among the major findings:
- A quarter of consumers are "extremely concerned" about the quality of their water supply. Fully, 52 percent list their level of concern at a 4 or 5 out of 5.
- Increasing numbers of Americans say their primary concern over their water quality is related to contaminants. That percentage is 29 in this year's survey compared to 22 percent in 2008. Water taste concerns have also increased.
- Only about two thirds of consumers say primary responsibility for quality water is outside the home, with their municipality, down from nearly three quarters in 2008. More than 20 percent believe they are primarily responsible for the own water quality.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV