- A quarter of consumers are "extremely concerned" about the quality of their water supply. Fully, 52 percent list their level of concern at a 4 or 5 out of 5.
- Increasing numbers of Americans say their primary concern over their water quality is related to contaminants. That percentage is 29 in this year's survey compared to 22 percent in 2008. Water taste concerns have also increased.
- Only about two thirds of consumers say primary responsibility for quality water is outside the home, with their municipality, down from nearly three quarters in 2008. More than 20 percent believe they are primarily responsible for the own water quality.
Most Americans Concerned About Home Water
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.