Molecular Imaging Services, Inc. Performs First Rubidium-82 Cardiac PET Scan In Delaware
WILMINGTON, Del., April 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Molecular Imaging Services, Inc. (MIS) is pleased to announce that it has performed the first Rubidium-82 Myocardial Perfusion PET scan in its newly opened office at Omega Medical Center located in Newark, Delaware. Myocardial Perfusion PET Imaging is a powerful tool in the assessment of coronary artery disease (CAD) and has been shown to have clear advantages over conventional SPECT Myocardial Perfusion Imaging. The higher sensitivity, specificity and accuracy of Cardiac PET Imaging can potentially reduce the downstream healthcare costs associated with CAD by decreasing the need for more expensive and higher risk, invasive procedures.
MIS is the first in Delaware to help diagnose heart disease using this advanced imaging technique. "We are excited and extremely pleased to provide access to this technology for the physicians and their patients in our community. The increased sensitivity, specificity and accuracy of Cardiac PET are well documented making it a powerful diagnostic tool for physicians. We are thrilled to be the first to perform Cardiac PET Perfusion Imaging in Delaware. MIS also plans to use this PET scanner for brain imaging and research to help advance the field of Molecular Imaging," said Frank DiGregorio, President and CEO of MIS.
About Molecular Imaging Services, Inc.Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Molecular Imaging Services, Inc. is a privately held company that operates nuclear imaging services nationwide. With many years of combined experience in the molecular imaging industry, MIS offers nuclear cardiology technologies including SPECT and PET. For more information, visit www . mismedical . com or send email to email@example.com
SOURCE Molecular Imaging Services, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV