Cramer said these three stocks represent the leading edge of gene therapies and, while risky, could pay off big if they're able to deliver on the promise of their technologies.
In the Lightning Round, Cramer was bullish on Radian Group (RDN).
Executive Decision: David Henry
In his second "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer sat down with David Henry, president and CEO of Kimco Realty (KIM), a retail REIT with a 3.74% yield and a 93% occupancy rate. Shares of Kimco are up 16% since Cramer last spoke with Henry last year.Henry painted a very bullish picture for Kimco, saying his company continues to focus on providing good real estate at affordable rents for its retail tenants. He said Kimco currently has over 1,000 leases that are over 20 years old and up for renewals at higher rates. Also, his company is seeing planned new store openings by retailers trending to five-year highs. Henry noted there are continued barriers to entering the retail real estate market in some places, such as California where it can sometimes take up to five years to build a new retail center. That requires patient tenants, he noted, which is why many stores are willing to pay higher rents for properties that are ready to lease today. When asked about the properties Kimco is currently selling, Henry explained that with over 900 properties in its portfolio, Kimco is always looking to sell its least-profitable properties so it can "upgrade" into more profitable ones. Cramer said the Kimco story remains a great one and he's still a buyer of the stock.
No Huddle OffenseIn his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer said that he's got a new hypothetical suitor that should consider buying Netflix (NFLX) -- Microsoft (MSFT). Cramer said his previous pick for Netflix buyer was Apple (AAPL), a stock he owns for his charitable trust,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV