Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- On the heels of another analyst downgrade, Jim Cramer told Debra Borchardt at TheStreet.com that shares of Caterpillar (CAT) are now closer to the bottom than they are to its top.
Cramer said today's downgrade by Goldman Sachs (GS) cites continued weakness in CAT's mining equipment products, even as construction equipment is beginning to pick up. He said investors with a long-term focus should begin using weakness in CAT as a buying opportunity rather than a selling one.
That said, Cramer noted that there are still too many analysts that like Caterpillar, so shares may continue to fall further as other analysts abandon ship.To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV