Kelley Blue Book, www.kbb.com, the leading provider of new and used car information, will be evaluating the new PureData System for Hadoop to analyze click stream data created by users on its website. The company will be able to analyze this information, including social media data, to see what topics visitors care most about, such as used and new-vehicle prices, accident reports, safety recall and warranty data, and car shopper reviews.
" Kelley Blue Book collects all kinds of data from various sources, so managing the efficiency of data is critical to grow our business," said Steve Chow, vice president of technology and data intelligence for Kelley Blue Book. "We see many opportunities to leverage IBM's offering as a strategic platform to expand on our analytic ecosystem and tap the value of social media, text and machine data to get a better view of our consumers and customers to improve their overall experience on KBB.com."
Today's announcement also includes the following new versions of IBMs Big Data solutions:
- A new version of InfoSphere BigInsights, IBM's enterprise-ready Hadoop offering, which makes it simpler to develop applications using existing SQL skills, compliance security and high availability features vital for enterprise applications. BigInsights offers three entry points: free download, enterprise software and now an expert integrated system, IBM PureData System for Hadoop.
- A new version of InfoSphere Streams, unique "stream computing" software that enables massive amounts of data in motion to be analyzed in real-time, with performance improvements, and simplified application development and deployment.
- A new version of Informix including TimeSeries Acceleration for operational reporting and analytics on smart meter and sensor data.
Pricing and AvailabilityAll offerings are available in Q2, except the PureData System for Hadoop, which will start shipping to customers in the second half 2013. Credit-qualified clients can take advantage of simple, flexible lease and loan packages with no up-front payments for the software and systems that deliver a new generation of data analytics. IBM Global Financing offers attractive leasing programs with 90-day payment deferrals for the PureData System for Hadoop, as well as zero percent loans for the broader portfolio of IBM big data solutions. 2 To view IBM's online press room, visit www.ibm.com/press. The following IBM Big Data videos are available: "Next Natural Resource:" http://ibm.co/10x4VqD; and "At Speed of Biz:" http://ibm.co/10x551d For more information about IBM, please visit: http://www.ibmbigdatahub.com/, http://www.ibm.com/bigdata and http://www.ibm.com/PureSystems/PureData/. Contact information: Payal Patel CudiaIBM Global Communications 1 (781) 640-6764 firstname.lastname@example.org Hanna Smigala IBM Media Relations 1 (720) 342-5343 email@example.com 1 Based on internal IBM tests of analytic workloads comparing queries accessing row-based tables on DB2 10.1 vs. columnar tables on DB2 10.5. Results not typical. Individual results will vary depending on individual workloads, configurations and conditions, including size and content of the table, and number of elements being queried from a given table. 2IBM Global Financing offerings are provided through IBM Credit LLC in the United States and other IBM subsidiaries and divisions worldwide to qualified commercial and government clients. Minimum transaction size is U.S. $5,000. Rates and availability are based on a client's credit rating, financing terms, offering type, equipment and product type and options, and may vary by country. Interest continues to accrue on deferred payments. Non-hardware items must be one-time, non-recurring charges; Services are financed by means of loans. Other restrictions may apply. Rates and offerings are subject to change, extension or withdrawal without notice and may not be available in all countries. All other company, product or service names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of others. Statements concerning IBM's future development plans and schedules are made for planning purposes only, and are subject to change or withdrawal without notice. Reseller prices may vary.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV