Leading Scholars To Discuss JSU's IPad Success At CyberLearning Summit
JACKSON, Miss., April 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Imagine the possibilities if every student on every college campus owned a tablet, had 24-hour access to the latest apps and digital accouterments, and all faculty penned e-books for their courses . Jackson State University (JSU) is marching toward this reality after its 2012 freshman class received iPads.
On April 25 and 26, leading scholars in cyberlearning will convene in Jackson, Miss., to discuss the impact of the Technology Advantage Scholarship Initiative (TASI) and raise their digital IQs during the Democratization of CyberLearning - Trailblazers Summit .
"JSU is a trailblazer in the cyberlearning world," said William McHenry, Ph.D., executive director of the Mississippi e-Center Foundation, which funded more than 1,150 iPad scholarships for JSU freshmen. "Universities from across the country are inquiring about this project, and we can't wait to share our findings."
The Mississippi e-Center at JSU supports JSU, and is hosting the Summit and offering worldwide access to sessions by streaming the Summit live online.Presenters include JSU's Robert Blaine, D.M.A, a 2013 Apple Distinguished Educator; Harvard University's Emorcia Hill, Ph.D., who will focus on cyberlearning research and evaluation; and Robbie Melton, Ph.D., who will share insight into Tennessee's plans to implement a statewide mobile learning community in 40 institutions. Robert Michael Panoff, Ph.D., of the Shodor Education Foundation, will give a talk on how visualization helps improve the brain's retention. "Participants are going to take away the keys to the establishment of a new digital learning community," said Blaine, JSU's Interim Associate Dean of Liberal Arts. "No university has taken on a task of this magnitude and uniformly trained faculty to erase blackboards as their primary platform."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV